Malware, spyware, Trojans, and viruses are the common problems you can encounter as a computer owner. If you take the security of your data and online activities seriously, then you need to find the best antivirus program for your computer.
Norton is one such program that provides an all-around protection for all your devices including PCs, Macs, tablets, and smartphones. Norton is developed by Symantec Corporation, one of the largest manufacturers of computer security software in the world.
Norton not only offers protection against viruses but also features anti-phishing, anti-rootkit, anti-bot, and e-mail spam filtering and cyber-attack protection and much more. Norton security is quite simple to install and setup on your device.
How to download and install
1. Start by visiting their website (www.norton.com/setup). If you have an existing account, you can sign in. However, if you’re a new user, you can create a new account by filling in your details. Be sure to complete the sign-up process. The details required include your email address, password, first and last name and phone number.
2. You’ll see a Setup window, click the download link. If you have the product key and haven’t registered your account, then enter the key in the space provided then click ‘Continue.’
3. Check to agree to Norton’s terms and conditions and then download your product. You can choose the type of product you want in case you’ve got multiple Norton products to select from. If you
can’t see the product you are looking for, then click ‘Load More.’
4. If you want to install it on multiple devices, click on the ‘Send a Download Link’ option. You can also read more about installing Norton Product on another device.
5. Installation instructions vary depending on the type of browser you use. You can click ‘RUN’ if you use Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer. For Safari or Firefox users, find the downloaded file by clicking at the top-right corner of your browser. Double-click the downloaded file to install. Chrome users can get it on the bottom-left side of their browsers.
6. The User Account Control window will prompt you. Click ‘Continue’ then follow the instructions till your product is installed and activated.
Other Important information
You can sign in to your account to access and manage your subscriptions anytime anywhere. You can renew your protection, change your billing options and update your profile.
In case you can’t recall the password you used, click ‘Forgot Password’. You will then follow the instructions that will be sent to your email address.
Remember that this is the email you used when purchasing your Norton product. Additionally, you can also change your email address by clicking on the ’email changed’ link. You can visit www.norton.com to learn more.