Things have turned digital with almost every service being accessed from the comfort of your home or any other place through self-service portals. Michigan MIBridges is one such portal that was started in 2009 by the Michigan state with the aim of facilitating accepting online applications for food aid.
The portal has reduced the face-to-face intake procedure which is time and resource consuming. Regional processing centers are getting the applications diverted from caseworkers now. With this portal, one doesn’t have to travel to a local office for services.
Using an Internet-based device, one can check benefit status, renew benefits, report case file changes, text reminder messages or upload documents. However, you must be subscribed to enjoy all these features. How do you apply and access the portal?
Apply & Access Your Michigan MIBridges Account Online
How to Apply
- Use a browser from any internet-connected device to visit www.Michigan.gov/mibridges.
- Then click the “Register” button that is located on the center-left side of the webpage.
- A webpage will appear prompting you to enter your personal details. Such include, first name, last name, and email address.
- Set your username and password then accept terms and conditions.
- Click “Submit” button and wait for confirmation link that will be sent through the email address you have given.
How to Access
- Visit www.Michigan.gov/mibridges website.
- Click the “Login” button at the center-left side.
- Use your username and password you set to login.
- If you have forgotten your username, click the “Forgot Username” link on the login page.
- Provide the email address you gave during registration and answer the verification question. You may be required to provide your first and last name. Click the “Continue” button.
- If there is a match, you will receive your username through the email address provided.
Other Necessary Information
During registration, enter your First and Last Names as they appear on your legal documents such birth certificate or driving license.