Capital One Financial Corporation is one of the top bank holding companies in the United States specializing in credit cards, banking, and saving; product and auto loans. It is headquartered in McLean, Virginia and has over 755 branches and 2000 ATMs.
In a bid to bring their banking services closer to their customers, Capital One launched on online banking portal where customers can access banking services in real time anywhere. However, in order to access these services, you need to activate your new debit or credit card issued by Capital One.
Step by Step Guidance to Activate Your Capital One Card
First, you need to ensure that you have genuine debit or credit card issued by Capital One.
- Visit the official Capital One website at www.Capitalone.com/activate.
- If you have not yet created your own online account, click sign up and follow instructions asked. Some of the things that you will need to submit when creating your own account include your valid email address, your social security number, date of birth, your full name, bank account number among many others.
- Kindly submit all information asked before processing to the next step.
- Create your own username and password which you will use to access your own online banking portal. Once all your information is verified you will be given a secret code that you will use to access your account for the first time. (The code is only used once).
- Sign in to your new Capital One online account by entering your username and password
- Click the activation page then enter your card number and the 3 digit CVV code (found on the back of your card) then click the submit button to successfully complete the activation process. Once your card is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email immediately.
Benefits of Using Capital One Credit Card Online
- Paying your bills
- Viewing your card balance
- Change your account information
- Request credit card statements
- View and print check images
- Update email address
- Stop payments
Once you have successfully activated your Capital One card, you can access and manage your account online anytime.