A DNA genealogy is a test carried out to look at the person’s genome specific locations. The test help in finding out or verifying the ancestral genealogical relationships or in estimating the individuals’ ethnic mixture.
Since various DNA genealogy testing companies use various ethnic reference groups, which consist of the currently living person tests with far unknown pre-census time origins, there are some contradictions in the estimation of ethnic mix among various companies.
However, DNA genealogy test is not primarily designed to provide details regarding diseases or medical conditions.
The Best 3 DNA Testing Companies
The companies claiming to offer a DNA genealogy test have mushroomed everywhere around the world. This has resulted in confusing consumers who are not aware of the best company to work with since every company is using layman’s language to lure as many people as possible.
Some of these companies are a scam and are busy milking dry unsuspecting consumers their hard earned money while offering shoddy services.
Thus, this post covers the best and reliable DNA testing companies you can get in touch with and you will enjoy their services and get the value of your money.
Here are the best 3 DNA testing companies:
Ancestry DNA is perhaps the most popular and the best known DNA genealogy testing company in the entire world. The company has well established and respected structures thus commanding a huge online community.
The company allows you to connect your DNA results with others around the globe and have a direct link to your online family tree. Then you can dig into more than 20 billion records to continue searching.
Since the autosomal is the most popular DNA testing, Ancestry DNA only offers this type of testing currently. The autosomal DNA testing is the most effective and useful regarding the genealogy.
The company uses highly sophisticated and edge-cutting DNA technology to ensure you get the most accurate results ever.
Ancestry DNA charges are pocket-friendly. This has helped many people get to know their ancestral origins and relatives without breaking their bank’s account.
Currently, the latest retail prices are fairly $99. It’s the amount which everyone can afford, even those have low earnings can relatively afford the price.
How It Works
Ancestry DNA works in a super easy process. No complications and within a span of a few weeks, your results will be available. Here are the few steps you will go through:
- Go to their website using your laptop, computer, or mobile device through this link: www.ancestry.com/dna using a standard browser.
- Once there, place an online order.
- Your kit will be delivered with immediate effects within three to five working days.
- Once you have received the kit, activate it online following simple instructions provided.
- Return the sample of your saliva in the form of a prepaid package to their state of the art lab.
- The sample will be analyzed using their highly sophisticated DNA science to ensure you have got the accurate results.
- The results will be available online approximately after 6 to 8 weeks after submission of your samples.
MyHeritage DNA is one of the largest and popular DNA testing companies around the globe. The company enjoys huge following with more than 103 million people using their ancestry services.
MyHeritage DNA offers autosomal testing which is the most useful and effective in connecting one with their close relatives as well as exploring your ethnic heritage.
The MyHeritage DNA charges many affordable charges to ensure everyone can afford to know their ancestry origin. Their charges at retail price are currently at fairly $79. However, you may be lucky to get it at discounted prices.
How It Works
MyHeritage DNA works very simply in a few steps. Below are a few steps you will undergo:
- Visit their website at www.myheritage.com/dna using your internet enabled computer, laptop or mobile device.
- Place your order online and your saliva collecting kit will be timely delivered within 3 to 5 working days.
- Once you have received your order, activate your kit online and send it back in the prepaid package with the specimen.
- The sample will then be received by the company and analyzed thoroughly in their highly sophisticated labs.
- Your results will be available online within a span of three (3) to four (4) weeks after you have delivered samples.
If you’re looking for the DNA genealogy testing company that will help you discover your roots and expand your family tree, Living DNA is the company to work with.
The company is among the popular and best known DNA genealogy testing companies. It’s highly reputed due to its quality features and great accurate results it has recorded for years.
Living DNA will provide you with the most advanced DNA testing than any other genealogy company. Their testing doesn’t only end at autosomal DNA. They extend their testings to Maternal DNA and paternal DNA which many other companies offer separately.
The Living DNA offers you 3 sections reports containing your family ancestry, the paternal line as well as the maternal line.
Their charges are affordable and everyone can use this company to know their ancestry origins, paternal line, and maternal line with only $99.
How It Works
Living DNA works in a relatively easy way. Here is the simple process you will undergo:
- Go to their website through livingdna.com link using your computer or mobile device.
- Buy your kit online and it will be timely delivered within 3 to five working days.
- Once you receive the kit, activate it.
- Take DNA mouth swab and return it using your free return bag.
- After they receive your sample, they will analyze it with high DNA technology to ensure the results you get are 100% accurate.
- Immediately your results are out, they will send you an email informing you to view your results in your online portal.
- Your results may take approximately 10 to 12 weeks before being available.
Other Useful Details
In order to ensure you get the accurate results from the test, avoiding eating, drinking, smoking, or brushing your teeth as well as chewing the gums at least 30 minutes prior to taking the test.