Texas Department of Public Safety is an online service where drivers can check their current surcharge accounts. They can as well pay the surcharges in the state of Texas. The surcharge does not involve administrative determination. There are no services related to disqualification or suspension. Users can sign in and check the state of their accounts. The online service allows users to access information anytime provided the users have internet connections.
If you receive more than six Driver Responsibility program points within three years, then you will receive a surcharge notice. You need to pay the surcharge as soon as you receive the notification. You only have to visit www.txsurchargeonline.com from where you can access the online services tab where you can pay for the surcharge.
How to access Texas DPS
- Visit www.txsurchargeonline.com and log in to access the make surcharge payments online.
- Check on the list of services available on the online service section, you can hover the cursor to see the different services offered after which you can choose the make surcharge payment service.
- Fill details about the surcharge payment you would like to make.
- Follow the steps till the payment is made. You may have to enter your credit card number to make the payments.
- Ensure the payment has been done by checking on the system.
Requirements for the surcharge filling
- Texas Driver License number or I.D. Card number
- ZIP Code
- Last name
- Date of birth
You need all the above documents so that you can identify yourself. Ensure you provide the right information so that the surcharge can be made easily. Counter-check on your official documents to ensure you provide the right information.
You can as well visit the website from where you can request for more information about your driver licenses. The FAQ section can as well help you access more information about the services offered by the online platform.