If you are a resident of Florida, US and want to apply for cash assistance, food assistance or medical assistance provided by the government, you can visit www.myflorida.com/accessflorida. This is a specially designed website of the State of Florida where you can check your eligibility, apply and manage your benefits online.
How to Apply for Your Benefits
1. For starters, you need to ensure that your computer is connected to a fast, secure internet connection.
2. On your web browser, visit www.myflorida.com/accessflorida and check if you’re eligible for the benefit you want to apply for by clicking on “Am I Eligible” link under the “Access your Benefits item menu.
3. After clicking on this link, you need to enter your personal and household information including your Social Security Number, house spending, house member and income information. After entering all the required information, you’ll be able to see if you’re eligible for the assistance program.
4. If eligible, click on “Apply For Benefits” link to proceed to the next page.
5. Read all the instructions carefully and select “Start a new application” option then click “Continue” button to start your application.
6. Next, you’ll be required to create your MyAccess account and log in with your username and password to complete your application, view all your benefits or change your account information.
7. While logged in, you’ll be able to view your detailed information about your assistance case. You can also:
– Check your application status.
– View your current benefits as well as see when the benefits will be available.
– Report any changes in your personal and household information.
– Print a temporary Medicaid card and lastly
– View when your next review is due as well as submit the review to continue receiving the benefits.
With this Access Florida system, you can connect with your public assistance information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through your MyAccess account and online application service. You can get more information by visiting www.myflorida.com/accessflorida.