According to the latest statistics, Bank of America (BofA) is the 3rd largest bank in the US in terms of assets. From its headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina the institution operates approximately 4,600 banking halls and 15,900 ATMs across all 50 states of the country.
Moreover, the bank is ranked at No.26 in the list of Fortune 500 companies with an estimated 1.7 trillion USD in deposits alone.
How to activate Bank of America credit card online
If you own an account in this bank, it’s easy to activate your credit card online by following the below steps:
- If you’re not yet registered to online banking, the first step is creating a digital account by using the last 6 figures found on your card number as well as your Social Security details. Upon completing this process, you shall be given a unique online ID by the bank.
- Next, you can download the Bank of America mobile app on your iPhone, Android, iPad or Windows 10 device for convenience. Once it’s been installed, simply tap onto the icon found on your screen to access the www.Bankofamerica.com/activate portal.
- Proceed by logging in using your unique user ID and password which was used during registration.
- Activate the card by entering the 16-digit number found on the front part of your credit card onto the space provided. Other details you’ll need to fill in include; your card’s 3-digit CVV number written on the back section and its expiry date.
- Upon providing this information, BofA shall confirm your identity and proceed to activate your credit card.
Other relevant details
Once your card has been approved, it’s important that you keep your PIN number and online login credentials a secret in order to avoid any hacking from unauthorized individuals. By following this simple rule, you’ll have absolutely no cause for concern when using your credit card for making transactions.