ParentPay is enabling students to carry out transactions at school and pay for them simply by swiping cards. The payment is made from the money pre-loaded into the platforms “My Account” system by the child’s parent.
The money pre-loaded into the system is received into the school’s bank account, and the student can use it to pay for various school activities. ParentPay makes use of an application which is supported on various phones, tablets, and desktop platforms. You can use this platform to monitor your account.
How to set up a parent account
If the school is using the ParentPay platform, it will send the parent details of how to activate the account. This is usually a letter communicating the activation codes for a new account and steps add a child to the account.
- Setting up a new account
To set up a new account, you need to have access to a working email address and the school activation letter. This two are used in account verification. The email address will serve as your username. If you lost or didn’t get the letter, contact the school for one then use this guide.
- Go to parentpay.com.
- Using your email address as the username, log in the account. Make use of the activation codes in the school letter as your password.
- You will then receive a verification email.
- Proceed to set up the account using direction provided on the screen. For example, you can set alerts to receive regular communications -SMS, email, detailing account usage. To do so just go to the Communication section then select the Alert Settings and set up the alert details – frequency, alert type and more.
- Pay for items: click on the My Payment Items or Pay for Other Items button to receive a list of items you can pay for your child. Select items in a basket, enter the amount to pay and click on pay now.
- Adding a child to the account
The letter will also contain information you can use to add your child to this account. You can do so by:
- Selecting the Add a Child option from the top corner on your right.
- You will see your child’s name on the list. Using the “Add to My Account” option, add the child, and you should see the child’s name on the homepage.
ParentPay facilitates the use of credit and debit card to set up financial details your child can use to pay for school items. The platform can be used to cater for dinner, trips, and more. It’s a secure online payment platform, and it’s possible to make withdrawals in case of school transfer or any other scenario.