If your Macy’s American Card just came in the mail, what’s left to do now is activate it before you can begin your shopping spree. For activation, head on over to www.Macys.com/activate for the requisite portal to get started. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you out:
The essentials you’ll require for successful activation include
- Your new Macy’s American Express Card for information on your 4-digit security code.
- Your account information.
- If you previously had another Macy’s American Express Card, you’ll need its 4-digit security code as well.
Break down of the process
- Go to www.Macys.com/activate which is the credit gateway that you can also access from the homepage under the “My Account” tab under “Macy’s Credit Card”.
- Once on the portal, you’ll see four rectangular red buttons and you’ll need to click on the one at the bottom that reads “Activate Card”.
- You’ll be redirected to a webpage with three blanks labeled “Card Number”, “Name as it Appears on Your Card” and “Last 4 Digits SSN”. Just fill in the said fields according to the information on your card. You’ll also need to answer a few verification questions and this is where your account information will come in handy. (Please note that 4-digit SSN is the line of four figures on the front of your Macy’s American Express card just below the “Macy’s” logo and right above your card number.)
- Round off the process by linking your Macy’s American Express Card to your account and you’re good to go. If you don’t have a macys.com account, you can create one from the subsequent screen or from the home page.
For unsuccessful activation attempts, please get in touch with the store’s support on 1-888-257-689 for assistance. Alternatively, you could opt for phone activation over the online process if the problem persists.
If you completed the activation without any problems, then your card is ready to use and you can manage it online. To get you started, you’ll get a 10% discount code upon completion of the process.