It’s the rise of the cashless society, fewer people carry cash and more people opt to pay for everything by credit card. Traditionally, only banks could issue credit cards, but traditional has been overthrown by the here-and-now and in the here-and-now retailers are offering credit cards over and above store cards.
Consumers are spoilt for choice and so credit providers have to think of more ingenious ways to convince Jane and Joe Public to sign on their dotted line. This where retailers have an advantage because they can offer customers a host of franchise-related loyalty rewards. Retailers like GAP, for example.
How to Apply for A GAP Visa Credit Card
- You can apply in-store or online via the website www.gap.com.
- For online applications go to the GAP Homepage and then click Credit Card from the three tabs on the upper right side of the screen.
- Look for the Apply Now box. There are three boxes on the page. Click any of them and you’ll be directed to the online application form.
- You’ll have to supply some personal information which is standard for any card application.
- Continue through the form until it’s complete and then wait for Synchrony Bank to determine whether you do, in fact, qualify for a Gap Visa card, or just a GapCard (normal store card).
- This includes a credit check which relies on positive results from your credit history.
How to Manage Your GAP Credit Card Account
- You have to register your account if you don’t already have one.
- Registration requires you complete security verification steps, including a security image.
- If you have an account simply log in with your username and password.
- Once you’re in, you can choose between account management options. These include viewing account activity and billing statements, making payments, setting up alerts, and checking points and rewards, etc.
- You can also download a management app (which works for Apple and Android devices) that allows you to manage your account on the go.
- The app provides similar account management options; for example, making payments, setting alerts, viewing statements, and checking your points and rewards available.
- Note: You may be asked to change your password periodically. This is to ensure your account is as secure as possible.
Why You Should Choose A GAP Visa Credit Card
- GAP makes it worthwhile to get its credit card. There are plenty of in-store benefits. Credit cardholders earn five points for every $1 spent at Gap Inc. stores, and they earn one point for every $1 spent outside of participating Gap stores. In this way, you earn various shopping rewards. The more points you have, the greater the reward. Note: These rewards are only redeemable at participating Gap Inc. stores.
- There is no annual fee for Gap Visa cards. But there are significant discounts available (10% for qualifying purchases) for Visa cardholders, and a 10% discount every Tuesday. You can celebrate your birthday with a gift from Gap, and you may be invited to certain special events on the Gap calendar.
- Aim to obtain a Gap Silver Card. There is a minimum point qualifying requirement – 5000 points within a calendar year. Additional rewards are available, including free shipping for online orders, picking your very own “sale day”, which gives you a great discount on your purchases that day. You can earn triple points on select days and you can also earn a 20% point bonus every quarter. The more points you get per quarter, the higher your bonus will be.
- If you’re a regular Gap customer, then getting a Visa credit card makes perfect sense: Your shopping experiences will be enhanced in so many different ways. If you’re not a regular customer, well then, perhaps you should carefully consider all the benefits available and start earning your own rewards now.