Meetup is a social platform that offers online groups and in-person events for people with similar interests. Based in New York, it currently has more than 35 million users in around 180 countries. The groups have different rules, sizes, and topics.
Meetup group is a great chance to open up your network and meet new interesting people.
This guide will show you how to register and join a group on Meetup.
How to join a group in Meetup
Joining a group is Meetup is very easy. All that you have to do is to follow these 7 simple steps:
Step 1: Go to the official website of Meetup at www.meetup.com.
Step 2: Choose “Log in” on the top right corner.
Step 3: If you have not had a Meetup account, then choose “Sign Up” and follow the provided instructions to create a new account.
Step 4: Enter the registered email address and password to log in. You can also choose to log in Meetup with your Facebook or Google account.
Step 5: On the dashboard, you can see a variety of groups in different cities or activities. Just click on the group that you would like to join.
Step 6: Tap + on the Meetup app or choose “Join us” if you are using Mobile or Desktop web to join.
Step 7: Depending on the group’s settings, you would be added immediately or after the organizer approves the request.
Meetup features for a discover
If you are looking for a group of people with similar interests, then here are some great features that Meetup will provide:
– Get matched with those events and occasions based on the interests. There are dozens of groups, from yoga, boardgame to book and movie.
– Explore events and groups by categories, see what is popular in the neighborhood, and search by keywords.
– Save events that you are interested in and visit them easily later.
– Use messaging and discussions to keep updated with the group members that you meet.
– Switch between areas easily to meet more people and join more events.
Meetup features for an organizer
Here are some of the great features for Meetup organizers:
– Host your events by creating new groups in any areas.
– Watch the community grow with people of the same interests.
– Easily schedule and customize events and manage the group easily from anywhere.
– Use messaging and discussions to connect with other people.