Overview of Roku
Roku is an American publicly traded company which is based in California. The company manufactures different models of digital media players which enables you to access and stream online audio or video through TVs. Roku also has an advertising unit and licenses its software and hardware to other businesses.
After purchase a Roku player, you need to link it to an existing or new Roku account. Then you should activate the unit and connect it with your TV to get it ready for streaming online content.
How to Link Your Roku Player to Your TV
Step 1: Follow the Start Guide which is provided with your Roku player.
Step 2: Follow the instructions to connect your Roku player to the Internet.
Step 3: You Roku player will play a 5-character link code. Keep in mind to write down this code.
Step 4: Visit the following site: www.roku.com/link.
Step 5: Type the link code correctly and choose “Submit”.
Step 6: Follow instructions to create a Roku online account or log in to your existing account.
Step 7: Once you’ve completed the process, your Roku player is now ready to use.
- You can download the Roku mobile app on iOS and Android to turn your tablet or smartphone into a streaming companion.
- Roku devices provide access to more than 4000 paid and free channels like YouTube, Sky News, BBC Sports.
- Roku players require an Internet connection to stream content.
- You need a Roku account to activate your device and stream content.
- When you create a Roku account, it will ask for a payment method. Paypal and any major credit cards are currently accepted.
- There is no charge for a Roku player activation.
Can’t Link Your Roku Player to TV? Refer to pages below to fix the problem.