Anyone driving through Homestead Extension of Florida’s Turnpike (HEFT) does not need to stop their car for toll payment thanks to the TOLL-BY-PLATE electronic toll collection system that is able to identify a customer making payments by capturing the vehicle’s license plates.
According to Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise, this technology will help to eliminate payment errors thus enabling drivers to access a reliable and worry-free system. An administrative charge of $2.50 as well as the accumulated toll amounts will send to the driver by mail.
How to Pay Your TOLL-BY-PLATE Invoice
Paying for your TOLL-BY-PLATE invoice is extremely easy as you will be able to do this online at www.tollbyplate.com at your own convenience. Here are the few simple steps that you need to follow to make your toll payments.
- The first is to ensure that you are the first registered holder of the vehicle before making any payments.
- To begin the process, visit the online site www.tollbyplate.com and on your left, you will find the “Pay Tolls and Documents” option. Click on it and choose from the listed document types.
- Select the “Pay Toll-by-Plate Invoice” option and then enter the invoice ID that you will find on your emailed invoice followed by the account number.
- Sign in and pay the invoice. As simple as that.
All new users are required to create a TOLL-BY-PLATE account before making any payments. Here are the steps to follow:
- Visit www.tollbyplate.com and click on the “Create Account” button.
- Proceed and accept the official rules.
- You can choose to create a commercial or personal account.
- Enter all the required information to create your account.
The reduction or elimination of cash tolls is meant to reduce traffic congestion as well as reduce air pollution besides improving safety and convenience for customers of the turnpike system. Vehicles can travel without stopping to make payments which reduce emissions, traffic jams, accidents as well as fuel consumption.