Residents of Massachusetts can rely entirely on online vehicle and driver services for performing vehicle/driving related transactions of various kinds. As a result, the days of visiting the local licensing agency time and again are over.
The registry of Motor Vehicles of the RMV is responsible for handling various vehicle services. Some online service providers can also get you connected to experienced private vendors for fulfilling different vehicle-related necessities of yours. However, you must keep in mind that these private vendors usually don’t have government affiliation.
Things you can do on the official website of Massachusetts RMV
- Renewal of vehicle registration
- Cancellation of vehicle registration
- Checking registration status
- Placing order for specialty/vanity license plates
- Submitting request for lien and title holder status of vehicle
- Submitting request for accident report
Vehicle services offered by private vendors
Third party companies i.e. the private vendors can provide users with certain vehicle/driving related services that are not offered even by the state’s RMV. Here are the things you will be able to do:
- You will be able to search and compare various auto insurance plans and premium rates of those plans. This will enable you to make the best decision for yourself. You will also be able to search for a suitable motorcycle insurance policy.
- These vendors will also tell you how to save money by buying an extended warranty for your vehicle.
- If you are buying a used vehicle, these private vendors would assist you in placing order for its VHR or vehicle history report. This would allow you to gather detailed information about the history of the vehicle before buying it.
In addition to the tasks mentioned above, you will be able to complete most other Massachusetts record and license-related jobs online. You may get those jobs done both via RMV’s official website or private vendor sites like www.Massrmv.com.