If you’re a resident of Oregon, U.S., you can renew your vehicle registration or change your address online by visiting OregonDMV.com/online.
This is the official site of Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) that provides information on driver permits, driver licenses, insurance, and much more.
By visiting OregonDMV.com/online, you can use their online services to change your address, renew your vehicle registration, change your plate and more.
Vehicle Registration Renewal
– You can renew your vehicle registration online if it’s not yet expired or has expired for not more than 75 days, and if your vehicle has passed a Department of Environmental Quality Inspection or does not require it. Usually, newer vehicles do not require this inspection.
– To renew your vehicle’s registration online, you’ll need a Vehicle Registration Renewal form, the name of your insurance company, policy number, and a credit or debit card with Visa or MasterCard logo.
– Start the renewal process by completing the online Vehicle Registration Renewal form then select renew options, enter payment information, verify the transaction summary and print the payment receipt. You have about 30 minutes to make and complete this transaction.
Individual Change of Address
– Usually, DMV uses the same address provided in your vehicle registration record, driver’s license, ID card or Permit. You can give them your new address so that they can change it in all your vehicle registration records where you’re the owner as well as on your driver’s license, ID card or Permit if they are valid.
– To change your individual address, you need to complete the Change of Address Notice you’re your previous address as it appears on your License, Permit or ID and your new address. Download the form and mail it to DMV so that they can update the address in your vehicle registration record, driver’s license, and ID card or Permit.
Notice of Vehicle Sale or Donation
– If you want to sell, donate or gift your vehicle to somebody else, you need to notify DMV within 10 days. Once they receive your notification, they will indicate on your record that you have sold, donated or gifted your vehicle but you’ll remain listed as the owner until the new owner transfers the title.
– To access this service, you need to complete Transfer Form or Online Notice of Vehicle Sale which include the vehicle’s information the information on the new buyer or owner. The site has an option to print and mail the form. Remember that you can’t sell, donate or gift your vehicle if you have a loan on it that is not paid off.
You can get additional information about the above services as well as FAQ at OregonDMV.com/online.