With times getting tough and financial matters getting worse, paying for TV video content is no longer an option for most people; how then do you get to catch some good shows to binge on during your free times? By making use of smart apps to get free content from streaming services such as Crackle.
Crackle is a Sony Entertainment channel that offers action, sci-fiction, thriller and many more movies and series genres for free. All you need to do is to activate crackle on your streaming devices such as Roku,Apple TV and more.
Activation of your device is important as it’s used to supplement traditional login. You will no longer be required to use your Sony Crackle username and password to access Crackle content on your smart devices once you activate them. It also grants you access to Sony’s control & personalisation suite so you can customize your watch list as you desire.
Activating Crackle, therefore, afford you hassle-free access to fan-favorite video content from the comfort of your device and here’s how to set up and activate Sony Crackle on your streaming device.
Activating Crackle on your Smart Tv
1. Sign Up for Crackle
The first step is to get a Sony Crackle account before activating the code otherwise, which account will you be activating? It beats logic. To sign up for a Sony account on your mobile or computer:
• Visit SonyCrackle.com/Activate
• Below the login button click Register
• Fill in your correct information
• Create your username and password
• Click Login and input the details you used during registration.
2. Install the Crackle App on your Tv
On your TV’s native app store, find the Crackle application and install it. Make sure it’s the Sony Crackle app so you can use it to get your activation code later.
3. Activate Crackle on Your Device
After registering for a Sony crackle account and downloading the Sony Crackle app, you can now register your device by:
• Open the crackle app to get your activation code. When you open the app, a pop up appears prompting you to either Activate Your Device or Skip; selecting the first option grants you access to the activation code.
• If the first option doesn’t work, you still access the activation code by navigating to the Menu Bar then My Sony Crackle and Activation to get the code.
• Armed with the activation code, visit SonyCrackle.com/Activate and enter the code, click next and continue as prompted.
After you’re done, Crackle should now be accessible from your device. Activating Crackle on Roku is however a bit different. Here’s how to go about it.
Activating Crackle on Roku
Roku is a device where you can load TV and movie streaming services, just like apps are loaded on your smartphone. Free or paid for content from the streaming services can then be accessed via the internet.
Here’s how to activate Crackle on Roku:
• On your Roku remote, press the home button.
• Search for the Crackle app on Roku and launch it to show the activation code on the screen
• Visit SonyCrackle.com/Activate on your smartphone or computer browser.
• Enter the activation code and proceed as prompted.
Crackle should be accessible from your Roku device. Crackle is 100 % free and can be accessed from other streaming devices once you activate them for Crackle using the above tricks too. You can stream Crackle content from Apple Tv, Chromecast and other Android boxes with the Crackle app and access to the internet.