The AncestryDNA Kit is an innovative technology that allows you to compare & contrast DNA, so as to discover more about your personality traits based on the kind of genetic makeup you have. With it, you can also test your blood ties with any individual around you, in order to determine how closely related you are.
Likewise, the product can tell you from which country in the world you originated from with pinpoint accuracy, including the specific region in that state where your ancestors lived.
Currently, the kit is used by millions of fans across the world in countries such as Germany, France, Ireland, and England among others.
Instructions for activating the kit
- The first step is visiting the company’s website at www.ancestry.com/dna/activate and opening a new account. This is a simple process that only takes a few minutes to complete. Thereafter, enter the 15-digit startup code found in the collection cylinder. This code helps to connect the sample delivered back to you and is used by the program for identity purposes.
- Collect DNA. Spit some saliva into the available tube up to the line marked in black, while ensuring that you don’t overfill the container. Similarly, it’s advisable not to eat, drink, chew gum or smoke at least 30 minutes before providing your saliva sample as a DNA blueprint.
- Take out the funnel and put a cap instead. Gently unscrew the shaft from the tube then tightly fit the enclosed cap, this will draw out some liquid that’s used to stabilize the DNA found in your saliva sample. Proceed by tightening the cap so that sufficient amounts of the stabilization liquid can be released.
- If the above process is successful, the blue solution present in the cap shall fall into the container. For safety purposes, it’s advisable not to consume the stabilization liquid found inside the tube cap for whichever reason. Similarly, if your mouth, skin or eyes get into contact with the liquid you should quickly rinse with some water to avoid any damage on these body parts.
- Thoroughly shake the container for a few seconds so that the solution can mix properly. It will ensure the sample mixes well with the stabilization liquid so that the AncestryDNA Kit technicians can have an easier time processing your sample.
- Add the tube inside the collection-bag that comes with your DNA kit and close it with a tight sticker or glue.
- Complete the process by mailing your DNA sample to AncestryDNA Kit’s official address, so that it can be included to their databank for reference purposes.
Other necessary information
AncestryDNA uses highly-advanced microarray aurosomal DNA sampling technology, whereby a small amount of saliva sample can be used to survey an individual’s entire genome pool across 700,000 locations around the world.
The process is accurate since it uses one’s entire genome string, consisting of 23 chromosome pairs, rather than just focusing on Y-chromosome or mitochondrial genes like other testing procedures often do with less precision.
To summarize, AncestryDNA Kit is a useful tool that can help you discover your family roots through genetic identity. You can easily open and activate your account from a PC or smartphone, just provided you have an internet connection.
Official Site: www.ancestry.com
Help Center: support.ancestry.com
Customer Service Number: 1-800-615-6560