GoToAssist, powered by LogMeIn, is a cloud-based program, mainly created for the IT support organizations allowing them to create a support session to access your computer remotely in order to provide technical support. The session is established via a TCP/IP network. This program was first released in 2000 and has undergone a series of editions which include GoToAssist Corporate, GoToAssist Express and GoToAssist.
Are you in need of IT technical support? You can leverage this powerful program to receive technical support at the comfort of your home.
How to use GoToAssist services
- Visit GoToAssist customer center to request an online support session. You will be sent a unique support key and the link www.FastSupport.com. Additionally, if you are dealing with your local IT agent, he/she may invite you to join an online support session by providing you with the above URL and a unique 9-digit support key.
- Go to www.FastSupport.com.
- Provide the name you wish to use during the session and the 9-digit support key given to you by the agent and click “Continue” to install the helper application.
- You will be prompted to approve the connection, therefore, proceed to click “Yes” (for windows machines). If you are using a Mac click “Join Session”.
- Now the IT technician can remotely view and control your machine just as if he/she was sitting right in front of it. Remember to disconnect the session once the servicing is completed.
GoToAssist features and tools
- Screen sharing
After joining the session, you will be prompted to share your screen with the technician. Doing so allows him/her to control your computer’s mouse and keyboard remotely. The session will be recorded for safety purposes, and you can always stop screen sharing.
- Messaging feature
On the GoToAssist Customer toolbar, you can select the chat tool that allows you to send and receive messages directly from the technician during the session.
- File sharing
You can also opt to share files with the agent during the session. This will require your approval to allow sending and receiving files from the agent.